This post is meant to attack bourgeois democracy and humanize the people of the DPRK.
To better understand my arguments, you may want to read the information in these three reddit links from the informative /u/comintelligence before continuing. Concrete information on the workings of the DPRK is rare. There is a reason.
Watching the following videos with an open mind will help to understand why I’m doing this. The people of the DPRK are ideologically far removed from the average Western citizen; however, their support for their government must be genuine and not based on “totalitarian” terror, or something along those lines, given the below evidence. It is, to me, irrational to believe otherwise.
- Mass Rally of North Koreans against U.N. Human Right report!
- Mass Dance in Pyongyang, North Korea on May Day 2015
- Local elections in North Korea (2015)
- Summer Camping at North Korea’s Songdowon International Children’s Camp
- Joint Meeting for Peace and Reunification of Korea Held
If anyone still feels uncomfortable with the idea of me making these arguments, please see my page on DPRK counter-narratives (and people in the DPRK dancing) that you can use for further acclimation. There are nice videos and everything.
My rhetorical strategy will be polemics, pure and simple, and I make no other pretenses. No nuance will be found below.